Hope Haven’s unique lending program assists in maximizing the potential in children and adults with disabilities through an extensive resource library of assistive technologies.
Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology (FAAST)
The FAAST Northeast Regional Demonstration Center is located at Hope Haven. The mission of FAAST is to enhance the quality of life for Floridians with disabilities, regardless of age, by promoting the awareness of, access to, and advocacy for assistive technology. Housed at Hope Haven, FAAST provides the following services:
- Assistive Technology Information and Referral. The Northeast Regional Demonstration Center provides information and referrals concerning assistive technology devices, funding sources and dealers.
- Adaptive Equipment Lending Library. The Center maintains an inventory of assistive technology devices that may be borrowed for up to 30 days.
- Adapted Toy Lending Library. The Center maintains an inventory of adapted toys that may be borrowed for up to 30 days.
- Demonstrations, Tours and Presentations. FAAST provides both formal and informal demonstrations, tours and presentations to organizations on a variety of topics related to assistive technology.
- Assistive Technology Evaluations and Training. This service helps individuals and businesses identify types of assistive technology that will assist individuals in living and working more independently. Training on how to use a device or assistive software is also available.