At Hope Haven, we create opportunities for independence. Occupational therapy is a skilled treatment methodology that provides the “skills for the job of living” that are vital to leading independent and satisfying lives. Occupational therapy can help infants, children and young adults to improve their cognitive, physical, sensory and motor skills and enhance their self-esteem and sense of accomplishment.
Hope Haven offers comprehensive and affordable occupational therapy evaluations and services for infants, children, adolescents and young adults in a warm, family-friendly atmosphere. Because we know that each child is unique, all therapy services include the development of an individualized treatment plan with measurable goals and objectives, regular feedback sessions for primary caregivers and exercises to practice at home.
Occupational therapy evaluations assess the following areas:
- Sensory Integration: Ability to gather sensory information from the environment, process it and react to it
- Action/Idea Sequencing: Ability to time and plan actions/ideas
- Spatial Awareness: Knowledge of where the body is in relation to its surroundings
- Visual Perception/Visual Motor Skills: Recognition of shape, color size and coordination of visual information with action
- Fine Motor Skills: Ability to hold and manipulate small objects
- State of Arousal: Alertness, readiness to learn
- Coordination/Strength: Ability to use both sides of the body together and to assume and maintain various body positions
- Oral Motor: Ability to coordinate sucking, swallowing, chewing, blowing and breathing