With the help of corporate donations, volunteers and staff, we’re making progressive changes that ultimately will have a positive effect on our students, families and working environment. As part of RED Day, an annual event dedicated to improving local communities, more than 50 employees from Keller Williams Atlantic Properties donated their time and efforts to give Hope Haven a renewed and energized lobby in the Skinner Building. Featuring bright colors, artwork and refreshed fabrics, it received an uplifting renovation. The team also transformed one of our larger offices into a comfortable and functional “welcome room” for clients, donors and employees. And, at the same time, our grounds and facilities received a much-needed cleanup— from playground equipment to squeaky clean windows and fixture updates. Keller Williams also supports our monthly birthday and holiday parties for our students and orchestrate a back-to-school drive August.
OTHER NOTEWORTHY CHANGES
- The University of Phoenix donated new furniture for our multi-purpose spaces and tutoring areas.
- New laptops and interactive smart boards have been installed to enhance our student’s learning opportunities.
- A more streamlined website update is in progress to allow for future online scheduling, online payment capabilities and statementing.
- An on-site employment services lab is under development to help eligible students prepare for internships in the workplace.
- Procurement of a 15-seat passenger van will help provide transportation for our summer camp